Monday, July 27, 2015

It's the little things in life...

Sometimes it's good to just take a look at the little successes for the week. For example, 
1. I didn't die. There were a few close calls as I spend a lot of my time on a bike, and well, sometimes people cut it very close. 
2. I didn't go home. There were also a few close calls for this one but I'm still out here. I have learned that I always need to trust in the Lord more than myself. Through Him I will be able to do this. 
3. I did not fall off or crash my bike. Enough said. 
4. I can now get on and off my bike with something that almost resembles grace and dignity. Riding in a skirt is hard. Curbs are my friends. 
5. I learned how to correctly lock up my bike so nothing get's stolen. It's harder than it looks. 

In other news, my trainer is super awesome. Her name is Hermana Diaz. She is fluent in both English and Spanish so it works really well. We are serving in the Rimgrove Ward which covers parts of La Puente and Hacienda Heights. It's divided into 3 parts which are covered by my companion and I, the elders and the other hermanas. My companion and I are both new to the area so we spend a lot of time trying to figure out where we are going and the people in the area. We have some lessons lined up for this week, which I am super excited about. All in all it has been a really good week. I look forward to seeing what this ward and this area has in store for me. 
As always I would love to hear from all of you. I hope all of your lives are going well. If there is ever anything I can do to help you out please let me know.
Hermana Anna Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment