Monday, May 23, 2016

Esta semana‏

Photographic evidence Joaquin actually got baptized. I almost didn't
believe it and I was there.
 
Hello one and all!
 
The biggest thing that happened this week was the baptism of Joaquin!
He was so happy and so excited it was wonderful to see. I was so glad
to be able to see the change in him from start to finish and to keep
seeing this change in him. It has been humbling to work with him,
especially because I feel like I have done nothing really to get him
to this point. It was all the Lord, working through me and Hermana
Glenn and the members of this branch. That's the good thing, because I
still have no idea what I'm doing.
 
The rest of the week was filled with finding activities, less active
and recent convert lessons, and prepping Joaquin for his baptism. We
have starting teaching this super sweet girl named Mirna, who accepted
a baptismal date for June 12! And so the process of conversion begins
again.
 
I'm loving working with Hermana Ferguson. She is a little bit feisty
and loves to laugh, but has a real love for the people here, and they
are accepting her with open arms. I'm enjoying driving again, even if
it is difficult to go over dips in the road in a fusion with 2 bikes
on the bike rack. All in all, I am happy as a clam here in Azusa!
 
Thank you as always for all of your love and support. It really means
so much to me. Have a great week!
 
Hermana Christensen 

No comments:

Post a Comment