Monday, January 4, 2016

New year, new area‏

Hola a todos! Feliz año nuevo!

Along with my new goals for this year I also got to start out in a new
area! That's right transfers have come, and I once again have moved
areas. I am now in the Canyon Branch, which covers Azusa and part of
Irwindale, with my new companion Hermana Glenn. I was sad to leave San
Gabriel, but I'm super excited to see what this new area will bring.

Here's a rundown of my last week in San Gabriel:

Tuesday: possibly the worst day ever. We got locked out of the
apartment, we met some incredibly creepy guys and we got lost and
ended up on the frontage road. That was also the day that Hermana
Austin got the call telling her that she would be training this next
transfer. All in all it was a long and stressful day.

Wednesday: we got to get up at 5:00 am to go to a meeting at the
mission office. It was cold it was dark and the buses were late. But
the meeting really helped out Hermana Austin, and I got to spend a
good amount of time talking to a friend of mine from Rimgrove, Hermana
Packard. We were both exhausted but it was a good day.

Thursday: we started out with district meeting, then went to help an
Hermana make tamales. Then we had lunch/dinner with our ward mission
leader. We made a lot of really good plans to help the work move
forward in the Ward. The food was also super good.

Friday: weekly planning, we were both super stressed out so a good
portion of it was spent in companionship inventory trying to help each
other destress. Though we also did clean out the area book a little,
which was very much needed. To end out the day we heart attacked a few
of the members.

Saturday: we spent the day in El Monte trying to find potentials and
less active members. Then we got home just in time for transfer calls.
It was nice because I didn't really have time to stress about it too
much, I just walked in the door and the call came. Elder Grisham has
also been transferred, he is heading out to Tajunga, so Elder Moncayo
and Hermana Austin are holding down to fort in San Gabriel.

Sunday: we just visited a few of the members and investigators I had
gotten close with during my time here. Then we ran home so I could
pack. It was also testimony meeting so I was able to bear my testimony
to the Ward one last time.

All in all it was a very full week. I'm excited now to see what
adventures await me here in Azusa.

Hermana Anna Christensen
                                                                   Making tamales

                                                 One last photo with the Chinese sisters.

The view from out the window in my new apartment. Hello mountains!

No comments:

Post a Comment