Monday, October 3, 2016

Two conferences is better than one!

 Women's conference with friends

 Exchanges with Hna Schmutz

 We bought matching Harry Potter t-shirts. We are two peas in a pod.


This week we were blessed with not only having General Conference but also zone conference! We spent so much time at the stake center it felt like we had moved in. But it was amazing! It was all such a spiritual high.

It all started with the Women's Session last Friday. We ended up watching it in Spanish (fun fact the conference was showed in 4 different languages at our stake center, English, Spanish, Chinese and Korean). The spirit was so strong. I especially loved President Uchdorf's talk at the end. I love how he emphasized that we need to keep going, to the last door on the last floor. It really stuck with me. As some of you might know, this is my second to last transfer as a missionary, (meaning I'll be home in early December) and I've begun to reflect on my mission. Something I have learned though is the principle of enduring to the end. It doesn't matter what I have done earlier, it all depends on how I finish, and I plan on finishing strong!

The next conference was zone conference. It was honestly one of the best that I have attended. We learned about a new goal for the mission, to have a White Christmas, or to have every missionary companionship baptize in the month of December. It's an exciting goal, and I can't wait to see how it turns out. I also really loved the part taught by our zone leaders. They taught about the Atonement and sacrifice, especially the sacrifices that need to be made as missionaries. There's a quote by James E. Faust that says, "Everything has a price. There is a price to pay for success, fulfillment accomplishment and joy. There are no freebies. If you don't pay the price that is needed for success you will pay the price of failure." That is a price that needs to be paid daily. As missionaries we need to put more wants and desires aside and focus on what the Lord wants, and let our will be swallowed up in His. It's not easy but it's worth it.

Finally General Conference! It was amazing! A pattern I noticed this year was a return to the basics. Talks were about the Restoration, the Plan of Salvation, and the Doctrine of Christ, which are the first things we teach as missionaries. There were also talks about various Commandments, especially prayer. It's hard for me to pick out what my favorite talk was because there were so many good ones. I loved Elder Rasband's, President Nelson's and Elder Oaks'. They are all worth studying again.

So it was an amazing week. We are still talking to everyone and are beginning to see the fruits of it. Also, coming this week, we are beginning a car share with our elders! So I'm back in the driver's seat, at least for the time being. It should help a ton, especially with getting members in lessons. It's harder to say no when you offer to pick them up.

Have a great week!

Hermana Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment