Monday, November 21, 2016

What are you grateful for?


A slight preface: I was emotionally exhausted and out of time to e-mail so this week's e-mail comes courtesy of Hermana Johnson. Welcome to the mind of my companion. 

We had a really great week :) lemme share some of our highlights!

1. We've taught SO many more lessons than we've been able to lately, which is awesome! It feels so good to have investigators who are truly progressing, who you can SEE change. It's been amazing teaching Roger and seeing how well he just understands and loves and accepts what we've taught him. He loves all the commandments we've taught about and is so excited to live them. Enthusiasm like that is AWESOME 

2. We got a new car! That's just been so fun ;) we used to have the oldest car in the mission, so it's a nice change!

3. CONSEGUÍ UN WAFFLE MAKER!!!! ETERNAL shoutout to an Elder Nielsen who's serving in Bel 1—my homeland! Having served there, I happen to know that the elder's apartment there had a waffle maker. And because Elder Nielsen is also training, he's been at the training meetings with us. And SO, we asked if he'd be willing to part with it and send it across the mission. Let me just tell you, homemade waffles are the best. I haven't been so happy in a long time! (Okay, slight exaggeration, but whatever)

4. Carne asada at the branch president's house. 'Nuff said.

5. Receiving 5 invites to different thanksgiving dinners. I am so excited ;) we will FEAST.

6. Our ward's pre-Thanksgiving celebration dinner extravaganza thing. All you need in life is good food (preferably tamales) and good music ;) and Latinos always have both! Probs the best part I've ever been to
like ever.

So yes :) in light of Thanksgiving, I'm so so grateful for so many things. I'm grateful I get to be a missionary during this holiday season again; for the chance to serve here in Los Altos and meet all
these AMAZING people; for the Gospel and the indescribable impact it's had on my life; for my family and friends—both home and here (because these people ARE my family now ❤️); for good waffles.... and so many other things!! Living in a spirit of thanksgiving is the best, happiest way to live, no doubt about it :)

Hope y'all have an amazing Thanksgiving! Tell me what you're grateful for! 


Hermana Christensen 

No comments:

Post a Comment