Monday, June 27, 2016

Going home, well kind of‏

Saying goodbye to the Nascimentos

 Our cute little investigator Mirna

Vianney's baptism! She was so happy

I can't remember if I explained this earlier, but soon after I left my first area the old Covina Spanish stake was dissolved and split up into different English stakes. The ward I was in, Rimgrove, was split into two different branches, Orangewood and Los Altos. Well Saturday night was transfer calls and I'm now in none other than the Los Altos Branch. It's even the same number I had when I was here. So yep, I have come home to my first area. I'm excited to see how it has changed since I left, and how people have changed. I'm also excited to work with my new companion Hermana Schmutz. She is super cute.
Here's a rundown of my last week on Azusa:

Monday night we spent in Monrovia because the fire was huge and the mission didn't want us to get evacuated in the middle of the night. It was kind of stressful because we got the call when we were across the area in San Dimas and had to basically drop everything and run home to pack for the night. Fortunately the fire looks a lot more under control now, and we were allowed to return home the next morning.

All this week we spent running around because we were getting ready for a baptism. It literally came out of nowhere. We thought she was a less active member, but when we looked for her records they were just gone. And so she needed to be baptized again and we put the whole thing together in about two weeks. It was so amazing to see that miracle on top of all of the other miracles I'd seen in Azusa. The change in her was incredible, and I feel so blessed to have been a small part of it.

That's about it for this week, I'm trying to get settled in, and then we'll see what happens. See you next
week!


Hermana Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment